Gujarat Technological University launches e-Raksha centre to fight cybercrime
Gujarat Technological University (GTU) has launched e-Raksha Research Centre to curb rising menace of cybercrimes.
This research Centre will provide solution for issues related to cyber security by encouraging research and enhance capability in this field.
Key facts e-Raksha Research Centre
- This centre is established by GTU in collaboration with Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF).
- Its goal is to establish a peaceful and harmonious cyber space through research in this area.
- Various activities like research on latest techniques of cybercrime and capacity building on this issue to the faculties, students and government officers will be undertaken by this centre.
- It will also support Union government’s Make in India campaign by manufacturing routers, switches, firewalls, UTMs (Unified Threat Management) and other network appliances.
- This centre will also train students in areas of cyber security and enhance their capability to provide solution for issues related to it.
- It will support government in protecting critical infrastructure and mission critical services including research on malwares such as botnet by setting up malware analysis test bed.
Gujarat Technological University (GTU): It is headed by the state government and came into existence on the 16th of May, 2007.